Sunday, January 31, 2010

Wonderful Weekend

Saturday was great!  I had won tickets to the Harlem Globetrotters show in Dallas on a Christian radio station.  Then, they entered Abby in the ballgirl/boy contest and she won!  Carter chose to play paintball with a friend instead of coming with us.  We had a great time.  Abby got to sit on the bench next to the players.  Our favorite TV show is Amazing Race so we were most excited to see Flight Time and Big Easy(our favorite contenders this past season) so close.  Our seats were really close to the floor.  After the show, we took advantage of our drive to Dallas and went to the Korean area of the city.  We have a favorite Korean store and food court called KoMart.  As you can see in the pictures, the kids loved it!!!  Mike and I both described the feeling of coming home when we walked into the store and smelled the smells and saw Korean faces all around us.  Funny, but we both think of ourselves as part Korean.

Carter's 14th birthday is Tuesday the 2nd.  I'll post a special birthday wish to him then.  This evening we had a small informal dinner with my side of the family.  Carter wowed everyone with his guitar skills--especially my dad who has played for years and leads church worship.  We had a sweet time  of fellowship with the fam and I got to show off my Haiti pics and tell of my trip(I also was honored to do that in Adult Bible Fellowship this morning at church).  It almost doesn't seem like I was really ever there).

No comments:

Post a Comment