Sunday, June 2, 2013

Sweet memories this week

Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart, and the pleasantness of a friend springs from their heartfelt advice. Proverbs 27:9
       Meredith has been a sweet friend for the past year and a half.  We finally met several days ago.  She and her husband and 4 children(the youngest just came home from Korea last summer) met us at Rainforest Cafe in Grapevine. 


Such a great family!  We had fun and felt like long-time buds.  If only we lived closer(she is 3 hours away).  But, in November we are going to see Jen Hatmaker together!  Yippeee  :)
     This week we kicked off summer.  Mike built a firepit in our backyard and tonight we cooked hot dogs over it.  We also bought a plastic kiddie pool for the deck.  The little boys put the slide into the pool and had a blast. 




We may be a tad redneck--or Duck Dynastyish! Our new place suits us so well.  We are hardly turning on the tv and everyone seems happier.
     Wednesday Hudson was a maniac.  He chattered constantly and was so funny.  At one point he had a backpack on, loaded with trains,and told me that he was "going on a Souf Afwica twip."
     Carter is back at work at the hardware store.  He took off 3 months due to the demands of the school musical.
     Abby is my official sitter this summer and plans to buy a Mac book with her earnings.
     Bless Dillon's heart, he has 5 more days of school and the others are out.  My mother suggested I make the other kids get up and put on their school uniforms(private school) to fake him out!  He is taking it well.
I can so tell it is summer:  there are little boy undies and swimwear lying out in my bathroom to dry, I took 2 baths today(1 after running early this morning and 1 after cooking out over a fire), my menu is not organized at all and "just scrounge in the fridge" is an actual planned for meal.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad I'm not alone!!! Towels and underwear EVERYWHERE!!! Let me know how far Hudson gets with his trip. I have a feeling he could at least make it to DFW without ANY trouble! Sweet Dillon...that would be HARD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had clean out the fridge Sunday for lunch! That was a planned meal on the list as well! Where are you going to see Jenn Hatmaker? Love her! Would love to go see her!

    ReplyDelete