Thursday, January 30, 2014

good enough

See above poster?  The assignment was to do a fun family craft celebrating Kindergarten's 100th day of school.  Take a poster board, be creative, and do something that shows 100 of something..anything.  Sorry, I hate crafting. And, by the time you have 4 kids, plus a job, plus grad school....the above poster is good enough!  I bought a pack of googly eyes and let Hud-man get to gluing.  Umm, there may or may not have been an undetermined number of eyes...somewhere near 100...possibly more like 110. Any other momma roll their eyes at the blinged-up, so obviously made by mommy, cost a lot of money and time, "student" oriented projects at school? You see, I already passed kindergarten and don't plan on repeating it anytime soon.  Hudson rather enjoyed gluing his googly eyes all by himself.  When we turned it in, I'm not making this up, there was one that was on a canvas, painted, and the "child" had glued 100 small feathers in exact places to make a lovely bird on a branch.....GAG!  Who's in the good enough club with me?

4 comments:

  1. Pick me!!! LIbby we remembered the night before to do ours…so I got out an old t shirt…and we did 100 thumbprints all over it. Garrett was like…Oh. well… OK mom! ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you! Thomas is in sixth grade and I still HATE projects that have to be done outside of school. He's there seven hours a day - get it done at school!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, Libby, 6th grade Science Fair. We did a project I found in a child's encylopedia, and I was pretty proud of the work that YOU did. Science Fair was shocking. I had no idea that it was supposed to be something truly scientific research. The children of the Doctors in the school definitely had an adantage...

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Good enough" is actually perfect for me!!! He did it himself and that is what should be done.... that's exactly what I do with my kids... over achieving parents often lead to under experienced and lost little kiddos :-)

    ReplyDelete