Thursday, May 30, 2013

Bored with the blog...it doesn't change anything anyway

I can't believe I've only been writing one post a week for the last few months.  Used to, I would keep a sticky note in my purse with all the topics I wanted to cover.  Guess I got all my words out and that was enough?  I want to keep it going because this is really our scrapbook/photoalbum.  Like a lame mom, I have all our photos on the computer.  Oh, I pay for a great photo storage and organization site(smugmug) but I haven't uploaded in about 3 years!  I hate crafting and therefore, I don't scrapbook.  This is the only documentation of our lives(and facebook). 
My friend, Meredith, told me about "blog2print" and I can easily order a book that will pull from my blog and arrive at my front door.  So, that is the plan.  I'm going to order a book from the last 3 years.  So cool!
And, at the risk of sounding melodramatic...nobody really cares, right?  I read some blogs and think "why are you writing about that, nobody cares!"  Being the ever realistic person, I know people read about what we did on a mission trip or vacation, or what amazing feat my children accomplished and think "nobody cares!"  I used to have a fantasy about how I could use this blog to inspire people to care about orphaned children and poverty and then they'd adopt or quit spending so much money on their own entertainment and luxury and give to needy.  Yeah right, nobody really cares.  Rainbowkids photolisting still has hundreds of pictures of waiting children, the foster system is still overloaded with children who are ready for adoptive families, 25K children still die everyday from starvation and preventable diseases.  This blog aint gonna change nuttin(my Texas drawl came out).

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Libby...it changes more lives than you realize :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Libby, I don't know if you remember me- we adopted our oldest right around the time you adopted your youngest. Anyway, I love reading your blog because you inspire me to care more about the things in this world that matter!

    ReplyDelete