Thursday, May 2, 2013

First of May---starting fresh

Hello friends! I have nearly forgotten about this blog.  Really, the last 3 months have been emotionally, mentally, and physically draining for several big reasons. I'm usually an organized and  ""got it together" kind of chick, but not lately(I only ran 4 times the entire month of April).  None of that matters now because:
Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23


No matter how overwhelming Feb-April was, the great news is that May 1 brings fresh beginnings. We got moved in.  Oh, it was a fun move, insert sarcastic smirk here.  We just LOVE our new place.  Yes, it needs lots and lots of tlc and updates, but we got a fantastic little slice of Americana...complete with 6 humongous live oaks, 1 magnolia, one big crepe myrtle, a bunch of cedars, a huge miniature rose bush, iris plants, and all kinds of flora I don't know the names for, oh and tons of weeds.  The driveway is flat and the boys ride their bikes and shoot baskets with no fear of cars zooming by like at our old place.  I set out my first load of whites to dry on my clothesline(thanks Dad!) and was in perfect peace smelling the clean laundry and listening to it flap in the wind. Hey, anybody out there painted old laminate counters?  We've seen the kit at Lowe's but not sure how hard it is or if it will look decent.


On Monday April 30, our newest treasure was finally born!! My youngest sister, Katy, and her hubby welcomed their first baby...Nora Greene(family name).  We all crowded around while she got her first full assessment and bath by the nurse.  What a perfect peach of a girl!

Yesterday Dillon and I went to Cowboy Stadium on his school field trip.  Very cool.  He was nervous at first because of the size and unruly crowd. Here he is looking worried and  holding his world in order with his fingers(that is his calming behavior for sensory processing disorder)


 Then he really enjoyed it!  Here he is trying on a Whitten jersey :)

And, just to make sure we don't take life for granted....Carter ended up with yet another ER visit(his first one was when he was 4 months old and he and I were hit by a car--we were on the sidewalk) Saturday night.  I had just dropped off the little boys with Nana and was heading to Mike's office to finish writing my 15 page research paper for class that was due the next day(had no internet still at new house).  I was about 10 miles from home when Mike called saying Carter had a bicycle wreck while going down a steep hill near our house.  Mike said he was ok, but I needed to come on home and check him out.  3minutes later, Mike called again, sounded very upset and said that Carter passed out in Mike's arms and I needed to get home now!  He called 911.  If you've been reading this blog for the past 3.5 years, you remember that Carter had a serious concussion from an ice skating accident 3 years ago and spent 2 days in the children's hospital because he had some tiny bleeding spots in his brain.  So, him passing out after a bicycle wreck is really something to take seriously. Basically, Carter flipped off the bike, hit is head, got a bunch of road rash all along his right shoulder, back, flank, and hip.  The Er at the children's hospital was phenomenal   They treated him as a full blown trauma and swarmed him.  He was cleared and xrayed and discharged within 2.5 hours.  It was only by God's sweet grace that he wasn't severely injured.

Mike took the last picture of us waiting for the skin nurse to come dress his road rash.  So sweet.  Oh, that boy delights my heart and makes me crazy at the same time!! Fyi, I do have his permission to share the pics


3 comments:

  1. So glad Carter is okay! These boys need to take it easy on a Momma's heart! haha. I have friends who used the kit from Lowes on the counters. Looks awesome and I don't think it was hard or anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy that picture of you and Carter brings tears to my eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LIbby!!! I'm so sorry I never wrote back about Carter! OH my goodness....so so so scary! I'm so glad he's ok! Will catch up on email:) Glad you are past the move!

    ReplyDelete