Thursday, June 6, 2013

A little furniture reno for almost free


We are making good progress on our house.  I painted the red dresser that we needed to put in the strange hall bathroom that had not a stitch of a vanity, counter, or storage space.  The dresser was bright red and is now basic brown, plus new knobs.  

Thanks to Mike's bright idea, we took the drop leaves off of our antique table to make a sweet little computer desk for the "reading nook."  It is full of memories.  The table was our wedding gift, the table cloth my mother brought back from her trip to China, and the chair was also a re-purposed gift. 



 As for the reading nook, it is coming along smashingly.  As you know, we were "Dave Ramsey-fied" several years ago, which means living without debt...or trying to anyway.  So, our reading nook was not something we could spend money on.  We have big plumbing repairs that are going to cost us a lot of cash!  God blessed us with a free(and very nice) chair that was being given away be someone.  The adorable little table was a garage sale steal for 5.00 that I used the same delightful brown paint shown above to give it new zest. Umm, I think we have a problem with too much brown.  Oh well, bigger fish to fry.

And speaking of God blessing us, a sweet friend was updating her home and we bought her large, brown(shocker!) sectional for a crazy good deal.  Now, our whole fam can sit on the couch to cheer on the Rangers!
One more sweet thing:  Mike and I are going to Chicago in 2 weeks!  He has a conference there and I'm tagging along.  It will be a combo trip:  20th anniversary and work development for Mike.  I'll spend some time exploring the city by myself(I'm a great explorer on my own) and I'll work on my class.  My research class started this week...trying to be positive here..

2 comments:

  1. 20 years!!!!! What will you do all by yourself...not all research PlEASE!!!!

    ReplyDelete