Saturday, January 2, 2010

Haiti update #1

This is Mike everyone, posting on Libby's behalf.  The families of members of the Haiti team get occasional email updates, so I'll do my best to keep you all updated as well.  Sometimes I may copy and paste directly from the updates I get, and other times, I'll just summarize the basics for you all.

We took Libby to the airport yesterday and all went well.  As would be expected, the goodbyes were fairly emotional, but everyone did well.  The kids miss her as do I, but we're so excited about what God will do through her and in her during her week of service.

We got an email this morning indicating that the team arrived in Miami without incident and according the American Airlines website, their flight to Port au Prince arrived this morning around 7:30 our time.  As you may know, they spent the night in the Miami airport, so I'm sure they're bushed.  Pray that they'll not have any adverse effects from not getting enough rest last night.  Those of you who know Libby know that she needs her sleep!

Once again, thanks for your prayers.  I'll keep you updated as much as I can.

1 comment: