Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Haiti update #5

The message below is from an email Libby sent us today...

Hi guys! The pastor's internet is working, but I must hurry, nothing works more than a few minutes. Today was nuts. We went across the beautiful river taking with us shoeboxes and the MASH clinic to a new church plant. The people were mob-like from the moment we got there. They were so unruly and crushing in that for safety sake, we had to close up quickly and make a hurried exit. After a lunch and rest, we hiked into the beautiful hills and witnessed. 3 young woman said they accepted Christ. Cool huh? I'm soooooo exhausted and miss you all so badly. I love being here but it is getting old. I've taken ice cold showers in the orphanage. I hate seeing the children just shuffle about, big ones praying on the small and weak ones. The deaf children have such limited language and no real skills--what kind of life do they have here? No future at all!!!!! It is heart breaking. My patients today had never been to a doctor. This only a 2 hour flight from Miami. How does this happen in 2010???? Americans with 3 cars, fat from too much food, kids wearing 100.00 jeans while I'm seeing 10 month old babies who weigh 7 pounds, have no hair and scabs covering their bodies while starving to death slowly. AHHHH, too much to look at. On a positive note, there is progress. The people who have been here before are very encouraged by the bits of progress. The land is stunningly beautiful(except they have no public trash system and there is trash lying around everywhere!).


I'll be home soon. :) You and Carter must come here with me, maybe next year.
I love you sooooooo much!!!!!!

Libby and Momma ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment