Thursday, January 14, 2010

Celebration!!!!!!!

I heard from Christi that Wilfred, Immanuel, and Nicholson are safe at the GVCM orphanage.  Praise you Jesus!!  But, no word from Markes.  Please keep praying for him.  Christi and John leave Feb. 11 to help in Port au Prince.  Tickets are half what they cost when I went last week.
Carter was awarded the part of Lumiere for the musical Beauty and the Beast.  The play isn't til May but he is already singing and speaking with a French accent ;)
I got a surprise blessing today.  I don't feel the need to share all the details, but I was awarded a special honor and bonus at work(I had no clue I was in the running for this).  When my boss called today to inform me of the honor and bonus, I couldn't help crying like a baby.  Many things have been going on the last 3 weeks that made this come at the most amazing time.  Like I keep saying you just can't make this stuff up!!!  We can never outgive God.

So, to celebrate, we took the fam to Olive Garden.  MIke's aunt had given us a generous gift card at Christmas with instructions to splurge on appetizers, desert and things we never order.  We had a grand meal.  Dillon, however, was getting sick.  Just as we were enjoying desert, he threw up at the table!!  Never a dull moment around here.  That is the 2nd time we've gotten a gift card to a nice restaurant, splurged with the kids, and Dillon has thrown up right as the meal was ending.  I made a hasty get-a-way while Mike took care of the tab.

No comments:

Post a Comment