Tuesday, March 2, 2010

People who really make a difference

I want my life to really count, I mean REALLY count and make a difference.  I've told you all about "Jantsen's Gift" before and I'm reiterating how badly you need to read this book.  Go to http://www.touchalifekids.org/
and order this true story that will knock your socks off.  I just got my newsletter from the foundation and just so far in 2010 they've done huge things.  Sunday at church, our pastor prayed "Help us do radical things that make an eternal difference".  I love love that prayer!   Touch A Life Kids is doing radical things, like rescuing child slaves in Africa.  Here is an excerpt from the newsletter.


In the first six weeks of 2010, Touch A Life has rescued 12 children from a life of slavery on the waters of Lake Volta in Ghana. That's more children than we rescued in all of 2009!
 With the devoted help of our Ghanaian staff, we rescued Jacob, a precious six-year-old who, until last week, had never known a life of freedom. We rescued Gemale, a seven-year-old who had attempted to run away twice from his master and had been beaten severely. Now they are in the care of Touch A Life, and they are glad to be free.
If you still are in the dark about the HUGE epidemic of human trafficking, here is a resource for you
http://www.humantrafficking.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment