Saturday, February 20, 2010

Today: a Memory and met new friends

First off, it is amazing how your life can change with one email!!!!!!  Exactly one year ago today we got "the" email.  You know, the one that changed our family.  Sitting there in our inbox was an email from our adoption agency looking for a home in Texas for a sweet toddler boy in Korea.  Seong Cheol, you are crazy!  You are hilarious, gregarious, out-going, rough and tough, a bull in a China shop, super duper smart and the most beautiful 2yr old we've seen.  We love you.



Today we had a big time living an Outward Focused Life(have you read the book yet?). We met up at a tiny Hispanic mission church with our friend Max, who teaches Spanish at Mike's school and his friend who is the pastor of the little church were we gathered. The pastor can't afford housing and lives in the tiny church. Mike, my mom and sisters and I(minus Emily who was at an art fair with her high school students) wanted to visit some people Max had on his heart. Oh, we also had lots of children with us: our 4, my 10yr old neice Maddie, and Melody's 2 toddlers.  The first home we went to was a stunningly gorgeous young mom of 3 little boys whose husband is being deported to Mexico Monday!  We began walking around the mobile home park and knocking on doors. The pastor came with us and handed out invitations for his church and we prayed for the people.  Dillon had a ball!  It was really funny how many times we could hear people inside and yet they didn't answer the door.


Two families really touched us. One had a 4 year old little boy with pretty severe Cerebral Palsy. The mom was holding him, naked. A tiny wheelchair was parked outside. It had the name Billy monogramed on the head rest in blue. Billy had 2 brothers.  Another sweet family had 3 little girls. The 7yr old, Elizabeth, has a brain tumor and checks into our children's hospital in 6 days. Would you join me in praying for a healing miracle for little Elizabeth??

All in all, it was a sweet time. As I've said before, I don't think anyone's life was forever changed by a group of white folks showing up with baby items and free diapers. But, hopefully we can show them that Jesus loves them and so does someone else. I know I needed it. I was having a pity party yesterday. Since Dec. 27th, every week one of the kids has been sick. Yesterday I took Hudson back to the doctor for fever, coughing and wheezing and congestion. He is on an antibiotic and steroids--which make him completely psycho!! And, I'm sick with a sinus infection. Hallelujah for our sweet doctor friend who made a house call since my doc wasn't in the office. Add the drama with Hudson's tax and SSN issues and I'm totally done in. Today showed me that my life is great! I cannot complain and I need to "always rejoice, unceasingly praise, in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God, in Christ Jesus, for you!"


No comments:

Post a Comment