Thursday, February 25, 2010

Forced industry

Mike and Carter are in DC all week on a school trip.  I'm used to Mike being gone on trips every spring.  That is part of his job.  This week I've been forced to be home and industrious.  For the first time in several years, I have a toddler at home.  And, I really don't have money to spend.  So, no fun Target trips to look for cute spring clothes.  I've been able to check off a lot of my "to do's" though.  Since Tuesday, I've done Pilates dvd with Wendy, mopped my kitchen/dining, cleaned the oven(gross!), washed the minivan and made space in the garage for it--yet again(wont last long), played ball with Hudson, wrote out a new budget reflecting some changes and the fact that we will have NO carpayment as of May, took recyclables to the center and walked briskly around the neighborhood swinging 3pound hand weights like a total dork!  This evening the kids and I walked around Lowe's getting paint sample cards and I taped them up in our living room.  For almost 3 years we've lived in total beigeland and I'm so ready for a splash of color!

I'm ready for Mike to come home so the kids can talk to him and let me have a second of quiet.  Today I did an experiment.  You see Hudson says "momma" incessantly.  I mean, over and over. I really don't think he is calling for me, he just likes to say it.  Now, before anyone gets their undies in a wad, I totally realize how much a treasure he is and Yes, we chose to adopt him!  I adore him and am thrilled that he talks so much.  But, people, it gets a bit old.  At 7:20am I began making tally marks every time he says "momma."  Wanna guess how many for the day? 

149 mommas, and that is with a 2 hour nap!!!!  My ears hurt sometimes :)


The good thing about being at home this week is that I'm trying to learn what Paul meant when he advised the young women
to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind   Titus 2:5a

No comments:

Post a Comment