Saturday, February 13, 2010

cheering for 2 countries

We love the Olympics!!  I grew up aspiring to be Nadia Comenci(sp??) and vividly remember watching Mary Lou Retton stick her perfect 10 vaults.  I was a gymnast wanna-be who took gymnastics for many years.  I stunk, but I thought "If only my parents would send me to train in Houston with Bela Karoli--I'd be an Olympian!"  Anyway, now I just love the competition.  At our house, we are torn between cheering for USA and S. Korea.  As I've mentioned before, Mike and I consider our family a Korean-American family.  So, when  the opening ceremonies are on, we hoot and holler when S. Korea walks in and when USA comes in.  We are watching speed skating right now and Abby just yelled out "Momma, Korea is in front!"  That is what we want.  A deep pride in being Korean AND American!
PS.  My good friends are adopting from Nepal and when the tiny Nepali delegation walked in, I was cheering for them too :)

1 comment: