Sunday, February 7, 2010

Fun at the stock show

My 10yr old neice, Alyssa, showed her steer at the stock show Thursday.  Now, I'm clueless when it comes to livestock.  Apparently, it wasn't a plain ole cow, something made it qualified to be called a steer!  I don't know what!!  We went to watch Alyssa show.  It was very interesting to see about 60 kids walk out with their steer and the judge quickly decide which one met his specifications.  Even though Woody(the steer) was certainly the most beautiful and well-behaved steer, that silly judge didn't pick him.  Oh well, Alyssa was happy spending the day with her daddy and steer, AND missing school :))
Hudson had fun with Nana as you can see in the above picture.
I'm a total city girl with no experience living in the country or having animals.  I feel kind of bad that our kids will never do anything with animals or such.  I can see that it would teach great responsibility and patience.  Mike used to raise and show hogs when he was in high school.  Let's face it, I don't even like to touch dogs or cats--much less cows and hogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment