Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Cheapo, Going gray, and drive by's...

If you've been reading this blog long, you already know I'm quite frugal.  Okay, some call me cheap(my kids especially!).  I like to consider myself a good steward.  Today, it hit me that yes, I'm a cheapo.  Hudson and I stopped in at one of my favorite resale shops near my home.  I needed  a plain sweater to wear with jeans.  I was so proud when I got home with a Gap sweater that looks new for 4.99.  I opened my cupboards to get the ingredients for homemade oatmeal cookies.  Seriously, every single ingredient was off brand.  From vanilla down to the butter and eggs, it was all Wal-Mart's off brand!  Plain white labels stared back at me :)  Then I knew it was true---Yes, I am cheap!

Now, on to the graying.  My gray hairs that are popping out at an alarmingly fast rate are not cute.  You know the pretty, sleek gray hairs some women have?  Mine are like little tiny brillo pad slivers shooting out from my auburn hair.  If you think I'm gonna pay to color it--go back and read the first paragraph.

Drive By's...  Not the kind you are thinking of.  In our family, we have drive by diaper dumping!  It seems that little Hudson has an affinity for pooping in public.  Never fails, we are at a store and it happens.  So, I take him to the minivan, change the diaper and then what??  You can't drive around with a stinky diaper!  So, we drive up to a gas station trash can and leave a friendly deposit!

Ahhh, the fun times of being a middle class mommy of many!  You are all probably wondering why I'm posting on such random topics.  Well, I'm out of books currently.  Oh, I did just start "He Speaks To Me", the Bible Study by Priscilla Shirer.  I want to see her style because in 2.5 months I'll be sitting under her teaching at PINK Impact(ladies conference at Gateway)!!   WHOOOHOO, I'm so excited that I am already planning my outfit :))  I have to look fairly cute while rockin out and worshipping with Miriam Webster from Hillsong and Kari Jobe!!!  Wanna come?

2 comments:

  1. OMG Libby, that is an AWESOME bible study. I did it aobut 2 years ago, and Priscilla Shirer rocks!!

    You are an amazing inspiriation of what mommyhood, wife, and godly woman should consist of. You are doing a FANTASTIC job. Keep it up!!

    Love you and miss you -
    courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you aren't that cheap. I now make homemade baby wipes, laundry detergent, and dishwasher detergent. My husband is in the spirit and made seed starter cups for our garden out of newspaper.
    We are cheap!!!

    ReplyDelete