Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Wednesday morning(last day)

I've been up a while! How am I supposed to sleep when in 13 hours I'll be boarding a plane with my new son. I mean, one minute you're a family of 5--busy, happy, and doing things that families of 5 do. The next minute you are a family of 6. Funny, that status instantly catapults us into the "large family" classification. I read a book about it. Apparently 3 kids is the border of norm, and 4 kids is flat out big! One Korean university student was ever so blunt as to ask us "Why do you want a big family?" Cute in a rude sort of way ;) Anyway, I've semi packed and rechecked the paperwork several time, had my quite time in the Word, listened to the symphony of probably 30 newborns crying for their morning bottle in the Babies Home next door, made breakfast, checked Facebook 3 times, and basically paced the floor. We have loved our trip but are really really ready for home! We leave for the DMZ in a few minutes. We will post an update from the WiFi spot at the airport this evening.

I wonder what Hudson and his foster family are doing today? How do you say goodbye after keeping a child for almost 2 years? How do you impart to that child how much you love him? UGH, I'm glad I'm the one saying Hello for the rest of our lives, not goodby!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad that your trip has been a good one. I'll be praying that things will go well when you receive Hudson forever and for your trip home.

    Marni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Libby
    I love how you said you are the one saying HELLO for the rest of his life!!!! Having been the one that had to say GOODBYE I know the pain the foster mother feels along with the joy of knowing you are the one GOD brought to answer her prayers for a good like for dear HUDSON!!!

    Wish I could be there when you land!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on bringing your son home! What a precious thing he is. My friend, Jillanna, told me about your blog. Our daughter is from China. All so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved hearing those tiny babies cry the morning we left. It just made me think, that not so long before, Paxton had been there under the sweet care of all those ladies. And he was finally coming home with us forever! Prayers for a safe and quick trip home!

    ReplyDelete