Saturday, September 19, 2009

Want to say Thanks!

Thanks so much to all our dear friends who have prayed for us over the last several months! Thanks for the encouragement, interest, gifts, cards, meals and calls to check on us in the last week and a half. I know most people don't realize it, but many adoptive families get jipped when it comes to people caring about their new addition. Many in society keep perpetuating the idea that giving birth to a child is the best way to add to your family, and adoption is second rate--thus they often times get no showers, no cards, no meals and such. Not our family and friends! You guys are the best. Truly, and you guys know I'm always honest here, when we arrived home with Hudson and the following 5 days, were the most exhausting and hardest days of my life! Without your sweet visits, meals, and prayers I would have lost it. Thanks again!! And, to my internet friends who keep leaving sweet comments and prays on the Dillon forums, you guys rock!! I can't thank you enough.
Hudson is really settling and showing us his personality! We have learned several things about him: he isn't afraid of anything-except the garage door opener :) He lays down in the bath and whirls around to get the water all over him. Our other 3 kids were such weenies about getting their heads wet when they were little. He is all boy! He does summersaults and crashes into whatever is near him and doesn't cry. He loves cheesy tuna helper, he loves music, he is very very curious. He is starting to like Mike and that is such a huge relief(for me and Mike!). We are really starting to gel and I'm so thankful.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy that all is going well. It great that you have such a huge support. We didn't always get that. Alot less so with the 2nd adoption.
    I can't wait to see more pictures of your sweet boys and Abby too.

    ReplyDelete