Thursday, August 27, 2009

Happy Birthday to Abigail

Today Abby turns 9! Really, where did the time go? I'm supposed to be a mommy of young children, not "big kids." We are thankful for our sweet kong-ju(Korean for princess). The Lord looked around the world and picked her for our family. I find myself praying for peace for her birthmother. Somewhere on the other side of the world is a woman who probably dreads this day every year. The memories and pain she must carry is surely huge! We honor and respect Abby's birthfamily, the culture she isn't growing up in, the beautiful traditions of an amazing country, and the loss being able to identify with her birthland. Happy Birthday our beatiful girl. You make us smile.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, it is my little guys 7th birthday today! Happy Birthday to your sweet little one. I said a prayer for Abby's birthmother just now too. Isn't it so sobering to consider what she must be going through as you are celebrating the joy that is your daughter.

    Also, I wanted to drop by your blog and tell you that I have not been able to get you off my mind and therefore my prayers lately. I just keep thinking you are going to post on the forum that you are leaving for Korea. I cannot imagine all the thoughts and frustrations going through your mind right now.

    Prayers for you,
    SunnyK (Forum)

    ReplyDelete