Monday, August 24, 2009

And Dillon is off to school


Dillon started school today. He was excited and so cute. He walked in and told everyone he knew "New lu-boh"(he doesn't put ending sounds on words so you can decode what he was telling them). His hair was cute and spiked and he was king walking in--until he saw the new boy crying with his mom. Uh-oh. I was afraid it would spark sympathy mourning in Dillon, but he walked on past and went to his teacher. The same sweet teachers, who loved him so well last year were there to welcome him. We are praying for a banner year, for his mind to come alive and to love learning, for his brain to tell his mouth how to form words clearly, for him to be confident and excited when it comes to school work!!


I felt the lump develop in my throat as we walked away. I never ever dreamt I'd not have Hudson with me when Dillon started school. So, walking away empty handed was sad. But, I'm choosing to live it up this week :) My buddy Wendi and I already did the Pilates DVD and have plans to scour a cool thrift market this week. Today is Monday, so there is new hope that our travel call will truly come anyday!!!

1 comment: