Thursday, May 17, 2012

Pandemonium

I've got pandemonium of the lung.  Actually, I've got pneumonia, but a little old lady from the country I took care of in the ER called it pandemonium of the lung one time and since then, Mike and I always prefer that title!  I began coughing at work Friday, was fine Sat morning, had a lovely pinning ceremony, got acutely ill Saturday evening and was just so-so Sun/Mon.  Tuesday, sick!  So, I left Abby here with the little boys and headed to our fabulous urgent care center a few blocks away.  I expected a shot for bronchitis and go home in 20minutes.  The doc listened to the lower right lung a good while and asked I hurt there.  I told him I hurt everywhere, like flu, even my skin hurt.  A chest x-ray confirmed a  nice white patch in the lower right. When the doc came in to tell me, he had quite a tongue-lashing for me.  "You nurses are all the same, you wait and wait, you think you don't need to go to the doctor, until you are really sick!  I'm right here everyday, why didn't you come in sooner?"  Sheepishly, I admitted I'm stubborn :)  Mike, I know you'll read this, you have my admission in writing.  So, I got iv fluids and antibiotics, and a work note saying I have to be off til next Tuesday and strict instructions to rest.  I'm not liking this at all!  I hate being still, I miss working, and as dumb as it sounds, I hate missing my weekend shift this weekend because it comes with a handsome differential on top of my hourly wage--and with a Korea trip looming, I could sure use that money!  Anyway, I'm trying to chill, finish reading The Blessed Woman(Debbie Morris) and the book of Proverbs(God)--Lord knows I need wisdom.  Would ya mind saying a prayer for me to sleep?  I'm so miserable at night.  The coughing is constant, I nearly wet my pants twice with coughing.  My cough syrup with the narcotic in it made me hallucinate that bugs were on my skin.  Mike made me a special hot toddy last night.  I slept several hours, thankfully. 
Anyways, enough about the pitiful old lady, on to my children, who are so funny!  They are seriously lacking in nature and green space play.  We live in a cookie cutter neighborhood with tiny trees, we drive miles and miles in the car to get anywere.  So, yesterday, before I began feeling awful, it is always worse in the afternoon, I took them to the little creek behind the park.  We took string and some ham.  They used sticks to try to catch crawdads(basically a mini lobster thing that lives in muddy water). 


1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I'm sorry you are sick!!! We called UCIS today..no visa interview scheduled. 11 families in this batch for Dillon..7 have been cleared..but not us. UGG!

    ReplyDelete