Monday, May 7, 2012

A gift from Omma

A wonderful adoptive family carried this gift from Hudson's foster mother(omma) all the way from Seoul when they returned home from adopting their newest cherub 2 weeks ago.  It came in the mail Saturday.  It is a box of crayons and Pororo is on the box.  Pororo is the beloved children's character in S. Korea--kind of like Dora or something.  The letter is my favorite.  It is in her handwriting-in Hangul(the Korean alphabet).  I'm assuming our caseworker at Dillon International translated it. Mrs. Lee loved Seong Cheol(Hudson) with all her heart.  She kept him from 2 months old until 22 months, when we picked him up.  Abby and Dillon wondered why they never get a letter or gift from their ommas.  Mike explained that Hudson lived with his foster family a lot longer than either one of them did.
The letter tells about how happy she is to see him growing well and looking so smart and happy.  She tells us thank you for sending pictures.  It is our honor sweet Mrs. Lee!  You did a good job and I'm convinced, it was your family's loving devotion that made sure the little bitty preemie thrived and be so healthy. She doesn't know that we are coming in October.  Can't wait for that reunion, and for her to meet my mother.  Speaking of our trip, darn, I'm pumped!  I have zero patience and don't want to wait 5 months.  Pray with me about flight expenses for us and my mother, Jeannette, and my friend Susie--I can't stand the thought of them spending 1400.00 for their international flight.

1 comment: