Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sweet Saturday...Sour Sunday

Yesterday was my pinning ceremony for the RN to BSN program. Nursing schools have a very old tradition of pinning the specific nursing school's pin on the graduates. I picked out a nice, professional light pink straight skirt from Banana Republic that my friend gave me(we love us some hand-me-downs) because it was too small for her and a floral peasant blouse. You all know that I never buy nice clothes! Our church is very casual and capri pants are the right attire for that and I'm such a tightwad when it comes to wasting cash on clothes. I had no heels or nice shoes for this occasion. So, I ran to Target and found these 2 wonderful choices--and the neutral ones were on sale for 15.00

I really wanted to wear the salmon-colored sassy ones. The morning dawned and we got ready to go. Guess what? The outfit looked horrible--the skirt was way to loose and looked like my old local church days(inside jokes for my family and close friends!). Fashion crisis. Do you all do that? You stand in your closet, needing to leave in 30 minutes, looking at the full racks and panic because you have nothing to wear? Well, I really had nothing to wear, except old black standbye that I bought for Abby's kindergarten graduation(she is now 11), and it wasn't speaking to me. So, with no time to call up a friend or stop by a store, I headed to Abby's closet. She has 3 nice dresses that a teenager at our school passed down to her. I spied a nice black and white one and it looked perfect on me! I wore the neutral wedge heels. My nice dressy outfit cost me 15.00. Score! We had a lovely time. The ceremony was made up of non-traditional students who all had been RNs with associate degrees and had worked so hard to complete their Bachelor's degree, all while working jobs. I cried a lot seeing the mothers and fathers cross the stage to be pinned by their family members. Abby was my pinner. I'll post a pic when the photographer releases them to us. We forgot to take a single picture ourselves. We went to a Lebanese restaurant for lunch. Then, I stared feeling awful. No, not from eating, it was aches, my skin hurt to touch it, my neck and head were aching awful. By 5:30 I had a 101 temp. So, here it is the most beautiful Texas morning and I'm blogging on Mother's Day, alone on our new back patio. The new back patio we had poured before Mother's Day because we were hosting my family for a cookout. I am sooooo bummed to miss church! I love our church and the 3-4yrs olds I teach in morning Growth Group. And, next week I work on Sunday. Boohoo, yes, I'm having a pity party for Mother's Day. The bright side? Well, I do love to have quiet alone time in my house. I guess I need to enjoy it when I can get it.
And, for our Biblical app for the day----because God's word is applicable to every single occasion in our lives:
Proverbs 31:28a says Her children rise up and call her blessed
I wonder, how many of us moms have children that rise up and calls us grumpy? I know that steps on my toes for sure! I want my children to call me blessed. So, let's try to be kind, patient, gentle, wise, loving, and nurturing so our children will rise up and call us blessed.
One more thing, Happy Mother's Day to my amazing and sweet mother and mother-in-law. I love you guys! I'd be horribly selfish if I didn't also remember the selfless act of love that 3 of my children's birth mothers gave--they chose life and made an adoption plan for the unplanned babies growing in their bellies. We are honored and blessed to raise these treasures. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment