Saturday, March 3, 2012

Speaking is done

Now we have Abby's volleyball tournament in 1 hour, the school dinner and auction at 6(I've got cash and I'm ready to blow it on a good cause), and Carter gets to go to Gungor concert in Dallas--Again!  He's been before and adores Gungor.  As for me, I'm feeling better slllloooowly.  This flu kicked my tail.  My boss told me not to come in on Friday.  I wanted to, really, I didn't want to miss.  But, I'm so glad I didn't work.  I was sick as a dog yesterday(do people outside of Texas use that expression?).  Anyway, I worked on homework(Nursing Research-such joy!) and my speech for today.  At 5am the coughing fit hit me.  I decided to do some prep work and rework my Power Point a bit.  My brain has been in a snot-induced fog for 5 days.  It was much clearer this morning.  Driving up and walking in to the church I missed my sidekick in women's ministry crime--Susie.  It was rather lonely.  But, I was greeted so warmly.  Carter set up my laptop to the projector and screen(then I farmed out his help and he did the same for the lady in the workshop next door).  The first workshop was not so bueno.  Only 3 ladies stopped by.  Apparently, the masses prefer learning about "scent-sational crafts" and rekindling romance over my presentation.  By the way, my title was "Me, Myself, and I:  train yourself and your children to live with an outward focus."  The small group was sweet and interested.  We had a good time and I got my nerves out of the way.  The next session was much better attended and more lively.  A kindred spirit was in there and we chatted later about churches spending thousands of dollars redecorating for no good reason when every 16 seconds someone dies from starvation.  She'd read Radical and The Blessed Life and had heard Craig Greschel and Christine Cain speak before--Love them!  I was so excited telling her about Jen Hatmaker and 7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess.
Lunch was yummy and the ladies were sweet.  It was good practice for me and I prayed that the Holy Spirit would speak through me to someone who needed the message He'd given me.  Probably shouldn't quit my day job though ;)
And, just for my sisters:  I wore a white shirt, light pink scarf, hair down, eyeliner AND mascara, skinny jeans, and my new red fake Toms that I absolutely adore.
The little boys are at Nana's for the weekend--Thanks Nana! They are sick of me being sick and tired all week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment