Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Seasons change

It is now summer in Texas.  We only have 2 seasons here(really hot or really cold). Thursday evening it was really cold and windy, even used the heater and wore jackets.  By Saturday afternoon, it was almost 90 degrees.  I came out of our room that afternoon and proclaimed "It is summer!"  Mike said "she's wearing her summer uniform"  See below
Yes, this is pretty much what I wear every day of summer.  I do change out the tanks.  Abby told me I need to go back to Old Navy for some new shorts because I wear those same brown ones everyday!  Hmm, sounds like a good excuse to go shop a little.  And fyi, no, I do not get tan....ever. Thanks to genetics, I stay pasty and freckled.
The change to sun and warmth already has made a huge difference on my psyche.  I'm not so sleepy, I'm more productive.  In a few hours yesterday, I wrote half of my huge paper due Saturday, ran several errands, mowed my pregnant neighbor's yard(her husband is working out of town for many months and she is due in June), and cooked supper.  It is like a natural high.
You know what else makes me happy?  Easter!!  My favorite time of the year.  It is coming. Know what else is coming?  PINK Impact at Gateway Church in 1 month.  Whoohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment