Sunday, March 18, 2012

flights delayed-boohooo

No biggie, just one and a half days later.  Carter's flight leaving Durban, South Africa had an issue so they didn't get to leave when scheduled.  The airline put the team up in a swanky hotel when they reached Johannesburg.  They should be at DFW tomorrow afternoon.  One little problem....severe storms are predicted here at that time(like hail, tornado warnings). We are really praying for no storms so he's not delayed even more. We are so excited to see our son.  Not being in control is really hard, but we know that God Almighty is in control and His ways are higher than ours.  Tomorrow will be 10 days since we dropped him off at DFW.  Whew, time for all the little chicks to be back in the nest!

Oh, really cool story!  The doorbell rang this afternoon.  A lady down the street was standing there.  We've talked before but not since summer at the pool.  Anyway, she said(and I'm not making this up) "I know that you guys are into missions and that Carter likes to raise money sometimes.  We were wondering if he'd  like to be our lawn boy this year."  I'm serious as a heart attack.  I said "Well, in fact, Carter is on his way home from South Africa as we speak."  She said "then he's our man for sure."  She went on to explain how God was working in their family.  She relayed how she is going on a mission trip to Haiti in July.  Since I went to Haiti 2 years ago, I was super thrilled for her.  She told me "I was going to use that money for something selfish, but God showed me that I should work on my heart before fixing something my body."  PRAISE the LORD.  What an incredible story of obedience and priorities.  I'm floored by those "coincidences."

No comments:

Post a Comment