Wednesday, March 14, 2012

still waiting to hear

Nope, nothing, except that the heavy rains predicted yesterday did not materialize.  This is a praise because the children would not have come out if it was raining heavily. 
I didn't sleep well last night.  I had a dream that Carter and I were in his car driving somewhere and we were fighting,  like yelling and screaming.  Our family isn't a yelling family.  If we are angry, we are much more versed in silent treatment.  Our home is generally not a loud home.  In this dream, Carter and I were fighting badly.  I woke up about 4am and prayed for him and the team.  I know he is fine.  We totally trust the people he is with-completely and utterly! But, as a momma, it is hard on day 5 when your firstborn is around the world and you haven't heard from him.  God's teaching me a lesson on trust.  Do I really, I mean really, trust Him?  I have no control over Carter right now and that is uncomfortable.  We dedicated  him to the Lord as a baby, but do I really trust Him?  What if he did get sick or hurt?  The story I keep thinking about his Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego in the book of Daniel.  When faced with bowing down to the king's command and performing idol worship, they chose certain death.  They trusted their God.  In fact, they trusted their God so much that they told the king "even if He does not deliver us, we will still not bow down to  you."  Of course, anyone who grew up in church knows that they were thrown in the flames and God rescued them!  But, that begs the question, what if life doesn't turn out perfect?  What if you aren't healed, what if something bad did happen to my child, what if you never get that husband, what if you never experience healing from infertility, what if your loved one never acknowledges Jesus as his/her Lord, what if you do lose your job?????  Do we really trust God, in the good and the bad?  I'm choosing to walk in trust.

1 comment: