Thursday, January 12, 2012

yep, that's my son!

4yr old Hudson just said "someday me go on a mission trip"
He's been in our family 2yrs and 4 months and already talking about going on mission!  How stinkin exciting is that?  His favorite song is Josh Wilson's I Refuse.  He belts out "I don't want to live like I don't care, I don't want to waste another empty prayer!"  My mom and I were talking about how maybe God will use Hudson to reach the millions of hurting and lost in North Korea.  Wowser, that is a big dream!

Which reminds me, I'm taking a poll:
I've been asked to lead a breakout session at a women's conference in the city this March.  It will likely be  2 one-hour sessions in between the keynote speaker.  People choose what workshops they want to attend. The topic is my choice.  Of course, my passion is adoption and reaching out to others(mission and such). But, that doesn't really pack in the crowd.  So, I'm asking for your help.  What to talk about?  I wish I was funny and whimsy and creative--those are the kind of sessions people like to attend.

ideas:
raising children to be other-focused(show pics of Mike and Carter on their Outward Focused Life Roadtrip)
big age spreads in kids--teaching 1 to pee in the potty and 1 to drive at the same time
am I spread too thin?  work, kids, school, church...
my trip to Haiti
living a life of purpose
tithing and trusting
when you realize your child is "special"
when the Lord tells you to do something, is your default Yes or Whoa--wait a minute
Fear
why you should care about orphans

Leave me your thoughts please(comment, email, Facebook).

P.S.  April 24th is PINK Impact at Gateway Church and Beth Moore is speaking and Kari Jobe is leading worship again!!!!!!! I'm so excited, I've had my tickets since late November :)  I just might break out into one of my late 80's cheers, complete with blue mascara, pink lipgloss, and doodoo roll bangs.

1 comment:

  1. My vote is raising children to be Other-focused!!!!! When is this event?? Who said you are not funny and whimsy??? Cause you are!

    ReplyDelete