Monday, January 16, 2012

No fat trimmed yet


Not exactly doing fabulously with trimming the fat.  17 days into the new year and we've burned up the roads, which means a lot of gas money.  We've also stuffed our faces twice, which means the eating out envelope is bust already.  Not making my goals proud.  I have, however, been much better about menu planning and cooking(except for the couple of restaurant stops).  Hopefully we can improve slowly and see a real dent.  You see it isn't because we don't have good jobs or are bad with our finances.  We just really want to be good stewards.  Of what good is it if followers of Jesus consume every dime they make on themselves and their desires?  In Radical, Platt talks about how much is enough?  When do we decide to stop increasing our spending and intead, increase our giving?  Tough questions, my friends, tough.

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to let you know that I am so inspired by your desire to be good stewards of your money so that you can help others. I always feel a renewed desire to be a better steward of my finances whenever I read your posts.
    Kristin (Dillon forum)

    ReplyDelete