Sunday, January 8, 2012

developing stories

The gorgeous baby girl Brad and Melody were hoping to adopt from the foster system....the judge(for some crazy reason) granted a 6 months extension to the birthmother.  Thus, the child who has lived the first 11 months of her life in foster will continue in foster care--not a forever adoptive family.  The heavenly Father has a plan, to my finite mind it seems like a frustrating and painful one, but He does have a plan! Addendum this afternoon:  Daniel Doss wrote a song called Stained Glass Windows about he and his wife struggling through infertility and several failed adoptions.  He gave the testimony at church today and then sang the song--boohoo and yet Hooray Jesus for the glorious testimony!  Look up the song on you tube--it is great!

Carter's mission trip to South Africa is going to a be glorious story of God working!  A sweet friend gave him a check yesterday towards the costs.  Out of the blue.  She loves missions and is so excited for him. My mother-in-law said something the other day about how glad she will be when he gets back on US soil.  I told her that I was certainly going to cry when I see him walk out of the terminal at DFW.  The relief and joy that he is back home(heck, he is only going for 8 days, you'd think he's going to be gone a month they way I'm talking!).  I'm excited for him and I wish I was going, but really, this is something he needs to do and excell at...and see how God uses him as a young man, without his mom and dad.

1 comment:

  1. Libby my hearts go out for your sister and brother( I think that is who you said where foster parents?) but tell them to hold tight... I have been in their shoes and found that when I quit praying for the "children" that I was caring for and started praying for the "mother" to make up her mind as to whether or not she was going to step up and follow the plan God had for her as a parent that the answer came--for us it was her coming in and giving up her rights. Feel free to send them my email if they would want to chat with someone who has walked a mile in their shoes and what I did to remain sane during that "6 months more" extension.

    (((HUGS)))) and so excited for your son!! He will come home a different child than when he left and I pray that he never forgets what God speaks to him during his trip!!!

    ReplyDelete