Friday, December 11, 2009

Stinky week

This hasn't been the best week.  I'm glad it is Friday.  Dillon has had some poor behavior and had a note from school.  This is troubling because he is usually so sweet.  My mom reminded me that in 3 months, he's had a lot of life changes:  new baby brother and changes to his IEP at school that really threw him for a loop.  Wednesday I got pulled over and received a ticket for wearing my shoulder strap under my arm, not over my arm!!  I found out today it will cost me 142.00!  UNBELIEVABLE.  The comic relief in that traffic stop was that little to my knowledge, Dillon was sitting in the back of the minivan holding Carter's black paintball gun that was headed to the repair shop!  Whew, thank God the trooper didn't see it ;)
Carter is,well, a 13 yr old boy.  He's a good, kind, sensitive boy--but, there's just nothing like a 13yr old boy to make momma nuts, enough said!
Then, this morning I was canceled again at work.  That is 48hours lost since November 2.  Of course, it is Christmas time when you have to buy all kinds of crap, because that is what Americans do at Christmas--hooray, Jesus was born, now let's go spend money on junk our kids don't  need or even really want! We are trying to use this lean time to learn to live on less.  If we do move overseas someday to work with orphans, we will certainly need to live on a lot less.
I usually start every morning off in my closet with my daily Bible reading passage and my prayer notebook to write down my thoughts to my Lord.  Today I didn't get to it until just now.  Cool cause my passage for the day was John 16.  Awesome gift my Heavenly Father gave me:  John 16:33 tells us that in this world we will have trouble, but He has overcome the world!  So, thank you Jesus that we are victorious with you.  The troubles of this world are fleeting. 

I'm also sooooooo thankful that we did the diaper give away yesterday.  When I am tempted to feel sorry for myself, I think about that precious teen mom who grinned when I gave her the pack of free diapers and she said "We no have pamper!"  See, reaching out keeps our focus off ourselves, and, the diaper give away idea is multiplying.  A dear woman in the little town my in-laws are from is heading up one there.
Heck, I can't complain about anything!  My kids are healthy, I have a sweet godly husband, a warm home with blankets and food, clean water, health insurance, fun and kind friends, and too much to even list!

No comments:

Post a Comment