Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I never get over the surprises

God just blows my socks off!  So here is the low down on the money(not exact specifics, but an idea).  Mike, Carter, and I had thought Carter and I would be heading to Nicarauga in June.  We had a jar on the kitchen counter marked Mission Trip Savings.  We would put loose change, money we got back from something, Abby contributed half her allowance, Mike put a bit of his Christmas money--you get the picture, little bits here and there.  We'd started this 2months ago and as of yesterday had 220.00 in it.  This morning, I looked in my "secret stash" that I've always tried to keep for upcoming expenses that I knew would be really hard to pay for.  I was preparing for Hudson's finalization in court for his adoption in late March, early April(about 800.00).  In my stash was 225.00.  I had a bit extra in a special savings and got that out this morning.  To the exact amount, I deposited cash in our checking account this morning to cover the check I wrote yesterday for Haiti fees(lodging, food, insurance and such).  Seriously, you cant make this stuff up people!!!!!!!!!!!  I love it.  So, out of our family budget, this trip will only cost me the souvenirs I buy and a few airport meals.  NUTS!  Mike and I have been reading a biography on Hudson Taylor the great missionary to China.  He firmly believed that God would supply all his needs.  He never asked for money or went into debt.  It wasn't easy, he didn't live in luxury by any means, but he was always taken care of.  I hope to become like that.

Oh, if you'd like to see where I'll be, go to  http://www.gvcm.org/

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited to hear all the things God accomplishes through this team next week. God is good! You know you're doing God's will when everything just falls into place like that! Cool story! I'm so thankful for your obedience to the Lord and know that you are influencing others!

    ReplyDelete