Sunday, December 13, 2009

Book Shout Out


Can't believe I've never read The Hiding Place before!!  Holy Cow, this book is unbelievable!!  Guys, seriously, you must read The Hiding Place.  It is about Corrie ten Boom and her family's ministry when Nazi's took over Holland.  They are so in love with Jesus and with serving that they bring many many people to Him during the most horrible times imaginable.  She is my new hero.  Her family fostered children for 10 yeas, she alone held church services for 20 years for mentally disabled adults, they hid Jewish people from Nazi's.  Her mother and sister fed the poor and visited the sick.  They were Jesus with skin on.  Here is an amazing quote from the book "There are no 'ifs' in God's world.  And no places that are safer than other places.  The center of His will is our only safety.."

3 comments:

  1. I loved this book too! It's been years since I read it. I'll have to go back and read it again with "grown-up" eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this book, its one of my all time favorites! Especially the part where they talk about thanking God for the fleas!

    ReplyDelete