Monday, October 12, 2009

Adventure never ends around here

So we had a day off all together(thanks Columbus!) and decided to do something fun, yet cheap!  It is such dreary weather here this weekend so we headed for our favorite thrift store.  I'm telling you this place is huge and great.  We picked up Carter's friend to come with us.  When we pulled into our parking spot, Mike said "oh my, that man is bleeding."  I looked and saw an older man standing in the parking lot holding his arm with blood all over his clothes, smeared on his car door and on the parking lot.  I assumed he'd gotten stabbed or something dramatic(well, the thrift store isn't in the best part of town).  I grabbed our new first aid kit-thanks to Mike replacing our old one, put on gloves and went over to him.  He had just left dialysis and I'm guessing they sent him on his way before the fistula clotted off.  I asked him to let me see and when he moved the gauze, a tiny stream of blood shot up in the air.  I grabbed Hudson's spit rag and held it down hard.  Apparently the man had been standing there next to his car bleeding while his wife shopped.  By the looks of things, it had been a while!  The wife came out  and decided to take him to the doctor.  We tied his belt above his fistula(not to worry,it wasn't very tight and was way above the fistula) and I  told him to keep his arm up.  Off they went.  Carter 's friend was wide eyed and said "everytime I hang out with Carter something crazy happens."  We shopped and got some great bargains.  I'm telling ya, the only place to buy kids play clothes is a thrift store.  We got Hudson a really nice out fit for $6, Abby got 2 Limited Too shirts for cheap.  Love it!  So then we went to eat.  Hudson is still learning how to chew food and frequently chokes.  He'd eaten lots of yummy food and all was well.  I gave him a vanilla ice cream cone and he was enjoying it.  All of a sudden, we could see the look.  You experienced moms know the look!  Here came all his food--unchewed particles and all, spewed down his shirt and into his high chair.  I grabbed him up and headed for the van.  I felt so sorry for the diners around us who were looking at the adorable little boy eating his ice cream cone ;)
So, here it is 3:30 pm.  I'm in my pjs and not going anywhere!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow what a day...that guy was lucky you came along! My nephew threw up like 3 times at Disney this past December...so I know the look too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same way with Paxton when he came home. After a couple of weeks, I finally felt that he was 'mine' that I was no longer babysitting for a friend that had gone out of town for a long long time! So glad that both your boys are having progress!

    ReplyDelete