Wednesday, October 7, 2009

1 whole month



I can't believe a month has gone by!  Wow, we've been blowing and going since we landed.  I'm really really trying to spend some quiet days at home helping Hudson adjust to family life.  He is really smart and knows how to give High Five, uses More and All Done signs, says Uh-oh, plus says a few Korean words that I'm unsure what the mean.  He is sleeping better and better.  He has become a "velcro baby" and I can't be out of his sight(a little disturbing going potty with a toddler standing in front of you with his hands on your legs!!!).  His behavior is the most patience-trying area.  He is more like a 14months old rather than a 22months old.  I really can see that he is very smart, just didn't get any training.  I think he was pretty  much the little emporer of his foster mother's home! We are really working on some basic rules of not touching the fireplace or oven or tv, not hitting, not exploding into sobs with every little irritation.  Hey, give the kid a break though--think about the HUGE changes he's gone through.  I'd throw a temper tantrum too :)
Today we tried to get a social security number for him.  HMPH!  Those stupid government agencies really tick me off.  They wont issue him one without a final adoption decree.  We can't finalize til he's been in our home for 6 months.  So, I'll get a Tax Id number for our tax purposes.  It is sooooo dumb because SSA gave Abby and Dillon a number right after they came home.  Apparently the rules change daily. 
As for the other kiddos, Carter has to sit out his football game tomorrow.  He got hit again last week and has been a tad dizzy with headaches.  Because his concussion was so bad in May, we can't take any chances.  Abby is supposed to be in a patriotic musical for school tomorrow night, but just came home not feeling well.  I'm praying for protection from the H1N1 virus.  Dillon has respiratory problems and does NOT need that! 
We have a shower for Hudson at church this Sunday. We are so blessed I can't believe it! I'm trying to slow down and enjoy my days with Hudson.  Before I know it, he'll be starting preschool.  These are precious memory-making times.

3 comments:

  1. It didn't take us long at all to get Paxton a tax ID number last year. We didn't get to use it then b/c he hadn't been home with us 6 months the previous year, BUT we'll probably get to use it this year b/c I doubt we'll have his SS# in time to file taxes! Prayers that you all avoid the flu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lib ~ So happy Hudson's transition is going so well! Woohoo! He's a doll baby! I think of you all often and pray for his security and peace as you continue to bond...love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great photos! Hudson is so cute as well as your other kiddos. We are actually down with h1n1 now. Of course, the two severe asthmatics in the family got it....Honestly, we treated it quickly so we are all okay. As soon as you get a positive test I'd say get him treated. We are almost over it. Praying for you to just plain avoid that arena of sickness.

    Boy, do I know what velcro baby looks like. We've been home for 8.5 months and I still have a velcro baby :)

    Blessings as you continue to progress in your transition. .

    ReplyDelete