Saturday, October 17, 2009

Life Book




Adoption experts recommend families make lifebooks for their children.  These basically tell the child's life story and can be as simple or as elaborate as the family chooses.  It should tell of the life the child had before joining his/her new family(don't forget that just because it may not have been a wonderful life, it was still his/her life story and should be honored), the process of joining the family, and then life within the family, including important events and people.  I guess similar to a scrapbook.  When the children are old enough to know the details of their birthfamily and story, we will add that info.  My sister Emily is super creative. She even has a blog about her crafts(http://www.faithhopeandart.blogspot.com/)  I'm not--at all!!!  Emily made a small baby lifebook for Hudson.  I just have to get on the ball and add pics.  I've chosen several to include.  Above are pictures of the lifebook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment