Monday, October 5, 2009

A Hooray answer to prayer!

So, I've mentioned my sister and her husband's most beautiful foster baby girl before.  Well, baby J came to live with M and B when she was 4.5months old.  I can't go into details, and it is nobody's business, but she needed a new family!  Today, after many many months of praying, her birthparent's rights were terminated in court!!!!  YIPPEE.  So, M and B now petition to adopt her through the state.  They are expecting this to take about 60-90 days.  Baby J is now 14months old and just thriving.  She is super gorgeous, smart, energetic, happy and a blessing to all who know her.  M and B deserve her!  They have walked through very dark valleys and trials of infertility and loss.  Last year, I was praying that God would send them a baby who needed them as much as they needed the baby.  He did just that.  Here are some verses we are praying over their family:
   Isaiah 61:3(The chapter is about Jesus and what he does in and through his people)...... to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair.  They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor.  

Baby J(but not for long as you will have a new name to go with your new family), welcome to the family!  We adore you, we've prayed for you and over you, we look forward to watching your flourish and bring joy to your momma and daddy.  You are wanted!  You are valuable and precious!  God has a great plan to use you in His kingdom.  When you are legally adopted, I'll post a picture so the world can oohh and ahhh over you.

2 comments:

  1. Libby
    I'm so excited for you and for your sister!!!! I have loved following her journey to stay in her forever family!! From the very first email you sent about her I had this feeling she was HOME where she was meant to be!!

    Tell your sister congratulations from me and I'm so glad her time as a foster mom lead her to her child!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Libby that is so wonderful! I am happy for your sister and I am happy for you!

    ReplyDelete