Saturday, October 10, 2009

Falling hard

It is official, I'm falling in love with little Hudson!  I know, you may be thinking "What you didn't love him the last month?".  Actually, for me, the first 3 weeks felt more like babysitting.  I mean, I knew he was mine, I knew God ordained Hudson to be our son, I knew I'd one day love him to pieces.  But, these things take time.  It is totally unrealistic to expect to feel warm fuzzies everytime you look at this adorable stranger in your home.  The papers say he is your new son, but your heart and mind need to spend time with him.  The last several days, I just can't kiss those fat cheeks enough(he is getting a little sick to death of that!).  People say "He is so cute" and I'm like--You better believe it, he's down right adorable!!!  Mike and Hudson are becoming pretty good buddies too.  Hudson runs up to him and hugs his legs.  Wow, God, you are amazing aren't you??  I shudder to think what would be happening if we'd deleted that email from Dillon International about a little boy needing a family.  Where would Hudson be?  What would his future be?  Where would our family be?  Yep, we'd have a lot more money, and my life would certainly be easier.  Who the heck wants THAT!????  I'd never know what it feels like to have him grab my finger and take me to whatever it is he wants to show me.  I'd never get to watch him walk down the street with me and his chubby cheeks jiggling with every step.  I'd never get full open mouth slobber kisses everytime I pucker mine up at him!  Hmmmmm, I don't see any comparison here folks.  It is LOVE.

More good news for little man Dillon.  The school principal called me yesterday and wanted my approval to try for him to spend all day with the regular ed kindergartners next week.  It seems he is making such good progress that they want to try it.  I'm delighted.  I explained to Dillon that he would not being spending his time with Mrs. Tracey(his beloved aide in the special ed room) because he was doing so well that he would be in the big kindergarten class.  Let's just say, he isn't nearly as pumped as Mike and I are ;)  Please continue praying for him.  He is talking more and more but struggles.  Yesterday he wanted to tell me something about school and I couldn't understand him.  He kept repeating the word over and over and saying "um um um" ---it just wouldn't come out.  Then, in desperation he cried "Help Me!'  OUCH---that breaks my heart!!!!!!!!!!!  Why God does my baby boy have to fight to talk???  Please loose his brain and tongue to communicate clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment