Saturday, April 28, 2012

my time at PINK



Here is a super short clip of worship Thursday night at PINK Impact at Gateway Church.  Gateway corners the market on worship--bar none.  And Kari Jobe is the absolute best.  Thursday night opened with Dance Revolution.  They were brilliant and beautiful.  Then, Amena Brown quoted a poem about the Supremacy of Christ.  It was chill-bumpy incredible!  Beth Moore taught about characterstics of healthy Christ-followers.  I seem to have more of the non-typical female attributes(like nurturing, affection) and am stronger on the male-type atributes like "charge to walk worthy", and exhortation.  for those who've known me a long time, I know you aren't shocked one bit.  Live out a big charge...that is me!  But, be affectionate and nurturing, not so much.  I'm going to work on incorporating more of those things ;)  Beth Moore was really great.  She was funny, engaging, down to earth, practical, and gave some good meaty material complete with lots of Hebrew and Greek lessons.  The next day was fairly good.  Not blow my socks off like it was the year before last.  Mostly for some personal preferences.But that being said, last night was wonderful.  Andy Andrews(author of over 20 books), was the funniest man ever.  He had insightful and challenging words.  I'm going to get the dvd and make Carter watch it.  Then was Holly Wagner.  She was so good!  Here are a few great quotes:
"more than answers, sometimes God wants us to have perspective"--Andy Andrews
"God doesn't call us according to our past, but according to the plan he has for our future"  Holly Wagner
"Maturity doesn't come from what I know, but from the hard stuff I have to perserve through"  Holly Wagner
"What result are you looking for that you are willing to do womething you don't like?"
"The life we've been given to live involves risk....This is the moment in history God trusted you with--why?  He thinks you can be part of the solution!"

It was a fun time hanging with 2 of my sisters, my  mother, and some friends.  Admittedly, I was a bit distracted.  Carter got his license this week and was going to drive somewhere for the first time while I was gone.  Dillon was sick.  I have 2 projects for school due at 8:00am Monday, and I am leading an adoption information meeting at our church Sunday evening(and I don't have my worksheets yet!).  So, I was a little stressed.  Here is the big news:  Christine Cain(leader of the A-21 campaign that fights the sex trafficking industry in Europe) will be there next year! Can I get a Hooray!?  I've got my ticket already. Wanna come with??

1 comment:

  1. Andy Andrews??? I read one of his books last summer...the heart mender. It was SOOOOO good! I wanna come with!!! TELL ME WHEN IT IS!

    ReplyDelete