Monday, April 16, 2012

Hudson's take on heart health

Hudson must know the exact schedule for everyday, down to each detail.  I think it helps him feel ordered.  Anyway, this morning we were talking about him going to daycare tomorrow because I have to work.  He asked what I would do at work.  I told him that I take care of the sick people.  He asked "why are they sick?"  I explained that they had hearts that were not strong and needed me to help them.  Brilliantly, he replied "Maybe they not eat their green beans" LOVE it!!  You can see, I'm constantly harping eating veggies and fruits.  When you take care of heart attack and obese diabetic patients everyday, you get a bit nutty about this stuff.

In other news, I finally submitted Dillon's Certificate of Citizenship.  To all you non-transcountry adoption peeps out there, that means that we will finally have concrete proof that Dillon is indeed a US citizen(other than the certified adoption decree and the certified amended birth certificate)!  Yes, I realize he came home at the age of 4.75 months and is now 9.  Yes, I realize we were supposed to complete this step eons ago!!  However, it burns my britches that we must do this last step.  For heaven's sake, we had to pay 800.00 for US homeland security to first grant approval to bring in a tiny orphaned child.  Then, we have to jump through their burgeoning beaucratic bull(cool alliteration there wasn't it?) to get a document proving he is legit.  Guess how much the Certificate of Citizenship is??  550.00! I'm carrying a chip on my shoulder, I know.  Maybe we will submit Hudson's sooner than at age 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment