Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter


First:  Scroll way down to pause my Music Player on the far right so you can hear my Dad and Carter playing The Beauty of the Cross(sorry Dad if you are embarrassed!).  Carter has a beautiful voice but only was singing harmony on the chorus.  And this song says exactly what Easter is really about(hint hint:  has nothing to do with bunnies and chocolate!).  The chorus says "The beauty of the cross is that your grace has found me just as I am".  And that is the gospel:  Christ saves us just where and how we are.  The only faith in the world in which you don't have to DO anything.  You don't have to PAY anything.  You don't have to BE anything.  Simple sacrifice of our savior, simple faith, and simple salvation.  If you need more info, please email me.
Easter is my fav!  The weekend was great.  On Saturday we had lunch with Mike's mother, grandmother, sister, and nieces.  Then, they all went to an awesome Broadway style musical in the city(Darn you creeper internet stalkers that keep me from sharing where we live and have to talk so cryptic!).  Abby, Carter, and Mike loved the show.  I stayed home with the little boys.  They aren't ready to sit through that type of thing(nor do I want to pay a fortune for their tickets).
Sunday,we had a fantastic time at our church.  The praise band blew the roof off during The Great I AM. Then we headed to my parents.  Yes, you do see Lexi and Dillon on a 20foot tall wood tower with a zipline.  Don't judge:  some grandparents have sweet little toys to play with, my parents have a veritable playground in the backyard complete with dangerous ziplines with no padding, above ground pools with home-made(okay, rigged) slides that begin 5 feet in the air) and such. Kind of explains what I mean when I say I grew up a bit hippie-like

 Here is Brad tossing Aspen in to the air.
 Hud pushing Kylie and Aspen on the swing.
 Abby and Lexi helping Hudson sort some goodies
 Most handsome 9yr old Korean boy I know...Dillon!
 And an adorable little 3month old bootie!  Yes, baby C. is still living at Brad and Melody's home.  Please pray he can become their forever son.  Aspen kept telling us "He is my baby brudder.  He is so cute!"

No comments:

Post a Comment