Wednesday, June 1, 2011

And summer is off to a great start

My parents fly to Costa Rica tonight--I'm soooo jealous!


Abby and Carter are out for the summer.  Dillon will go one more day tomorrow.  Carter is already hanging out at his friend's lake house.  I love how God uses other's blessings to bless our children.  We've had lots of blessings through our kids' friends:  taken to plays, lakehouses, on little trips.  Abby is such a helper.  I've really enjoyed having her home this week.  It is like having another adult!  I may homeschool her just to have her around to help me out ;)
The past 2 days we've been busy with a surprise.  Carter's 2 best friends won't be returning to his school next year.  He is very sad about this.  Then, he got some more very disappointing news last week.  So, we are redecorating his room while he is away.  Despite my love for a beige home, we painted one wall a cherry red!  We bought new bedding and Mike is installing a new ceiling light. 
I think he will be cheered up when he sees it.

I have an assignment for Art Appreciation due in a few days.  I took Abby and Hud with me to the world famous art museum in our city(sorry, afraid of wackos--cant disclose where we are).  I am eating crow now because guess what?  Taking Art Appreciation, as much as I've detested the course, made me appreciate the art so much more.  I grew up in a family that appreciates art.  My parents took us to the art museum and we watched classics and musicals.  But, this time, after learning about the pieces in my class, I was amazed by the art work.  I recognized paintings by Frida Kahlo and sculptures by the Yoruba in Africa, all before reading the info plaque on the wall!!  I'm looking at grad school options and will apply next April.  Finishing this class brings me one step closer to returning to Haiti and Nicarauga some day as a Family Nurse Practitioner!

We kept my nearly 3yr old niece, Aspen, for the night on Saturday.  In church, she stayed Uncle Mike's arms.  She's a worshipper and moves to the music and lifts her hands.  I watched him with that little girl and thought, just maybe...we could adopt one more little girl!!  Mike says we are done and we don't have it in us anymore.  I wanted to argue with him, but I was too exhausted.  Guess he just proved his point ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment