Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Hello-Somebody!!


I ordered my super cool Hello-Somebody watch yesterday.  Shopping with a purpose is one of my all time favs!  My youngest sister is on staff at Gateway Church in Southlake(super duper church).  She got one of these watches at the huge ladies' conference in March.  One watch(22.00) feeds 100 people in Haiti and other places, like Nicarauga(amazing cause I've been to both places and seen the need first hand).    The name of the organization is Hello-Somebody, which is an awesome name.  Lord knows, I've wanted to shout out HELLLLLOOOO Somebody to people about the global 163 million orphan crisis!
So, I ordered me a light purple one.  Now, I'm not hip.  I'm not a jewelry, make-up, clothes, accessories type of gal.  I'm boring and plain.  But, I'm gonna wear the fire out of this watch.  I'm also going to distribute a little info card to everyone who proclaims "Oh, your watch is so cute!"  See, more mouths fed ;)
As of this morning, their ticker for hungry bellies fed is over 986,000!
 click HELLO to go there,
This statement taken from their website
"Hello Somebody’s first action to end hunger provided 50,000 meals to homeless and desperate Haitians. In our inaugural year, Hello Somebody provided food for over one million starving people.Join us in our fight to save lives and change lives. Listen to the call of the hopeless and the hungry. Will you help us answer it? Hello Somebody…are you out there?"


FYI:  an update:  it is Wednesday and the watch came today(I ordered it yesterday!).  The watch is so cool but very large.  So, if you have skinny wrists like me and aren't used to large jewelry, order the "mini"

No comments:

Post a Comment