Monday, June 20, 2011

Just life

I did not forget that yesterday was Father's Day.  We certainly wished Mike a happy one.  We also went over to my aunt's home for a family gathering and saw my dad and grandfather.  I didn't choose to post about Father's Day because after a while, I feel rather cliche, following the scripts of when and what you are supposed to be saying and admiring.  Anyone who has been to this blog in the past 2 years has heard me gloat over my amazing husband.  Mike is devoted to our children, he raises them to be godly people.  He loves hundreds of other people's children at his school, he is a champion of the orphan and down-trodden.  My father is a gentle, generous, wise man who loves his 4 grown girls like crazy. He taught us about digging deep in the Word, to open our homes to the needy, and to look for beauty in art, music, and nature.  My 94-yr-old grandfather is equally awesome.  He is the smartest man I know, served in the Navy in WW2, and finds his greatest joy in seeing his family thrive.  I wrote a paper about him last week for my Gerontology class.  Blessed, that is what me and my children are, for sure.
Summer fun:  swimming in our community pool(Hudson is jumping in and swimming like a maniac), playing with cousins and friends.  Me, my mom and sister took 5 of the youngest grandkids to a really fun little indoor safari park. 

Hudson playing minigolf

My niece, Lexi(my sister Emily's dtr), riding a mechanized cheetah

My nieces, Aspen(my sister Melody's dtr) and Kylie(my sister Emily's dtr), in the back of a choochoo

My mother looks like a preschool worker, loving her crazy grandkids.  I hope I have a whole gaggle of grandkids someday with a rainbow of skin colors

Daddy daughter date night.  Gorgeous man and gorgeous tropical girl!


New Baby girl stayed with me last week.  Oooh, she's so sweet.  There's been a new development in her birthfamily case.  After my sister has been caring for her for a month, someone has cropped up.  We all love her so much and pray for Brad and Melody to be able to adopt her.  Melody has such a great attitude about fostering.  If they can give a baby/child whose suffered a trauma a few weeks to months of stability, love, and hearing Jesus prayed over them, then it is all worth it.

There aren't pics of Carter because he's been busy.  He has a new job working at a shop doing light manual labor.  He felt so great last week.  Working hard like a man, getting his first paycheck.  He bought something with his own money, put his tithe in at church, and we are suggesting(okay, forcing) him to save half for a car.






No comments:

Post a Comment