Saturday, May 28, 2011

End of school and other stuff

First off, did anyone else watch "The Middle" this week about end of school?  Haahaa!!!  I've told you before that it is my family.  Well, I laughed out loud several times watching this week. 


Here are Carter and Abby on the last day of 4th and 9th grades.  This year they have changed so much.  Carter is becoming a man, learning about girls and driving and studying for hard subjects.  Abby is becoming a preteen, navigating a tiny bit of girl drama stuff.  She had a great school year and wants to be a teacher when she grows up.

 Sweet Dillon.  Bless his heart, he has to go to school next week and doesn't know that Carter and Abby do not.  Nobody tell him!  He has done great in first grade and is really doing well in math.
What'd I tell ya?  Party man!  He is nuts.  Too smart, scary smart, and just crazy.  He is hilarious and wearing me plum out.  Last night during a precious graduation ceremony, he loudly announces "Oh my gosh" complete with Valley Girl inflection!  Hmmm, anyone know the saying "Paying for my raising?"  :)
Here I am snuggling my sister's foster baby.  Dang it, she's sweet and gorgeous!  So far the birthmother has not made any effort at reunification and we are begging sweet Jesus to let Melody and Brad adopt her.

Couponing is coming along nicely.  My friend, Jenny, is coaching me. I used a store coupon AND a manufacturer coupon today at Target and got 2 Degree deoderants for $1.22each, usually $3.64 each.  It seems the key to this is making sure I buy items on sale AND that I have a coupon to match with those items.  My stockpile is tiny, but growing. I'm praying to save 50.00 a week off our grocery and misc. home bill.  This is important because we are starting to ramp up our college savings.  Only 3 more years til we send Carter off.

1 comment:

  1. We love The Middle at our house too. I always love the Mother's Day ones - they are so true to life!! Your kids are precious, Libs. I need to message you on Facebook about a friend of mine who is struggling with some infertility issues. Catch ya later!

    ReplyDelete