Thursday, May 19, 2011

This is such an amazing group of teens.  I'm shocked at how hard they work.  They never complain and they outworked me--which is hard to do as I'm a workhorse on mission trips.  They are hilarious and so fun.  They love on the residents in the camp and really got to know them.  Today we worked so so hard!  We cleared a demolished shack, painted, made and passed out lunches, fed a few residents, and some of the kids just spent sweet time singing with or listening to the residents.  The hotel staff here are dumbfounded that we are serving at the All Saints camp.  They said "those people are the rejects."  Sad sad, tossed aside to die alone.






And, in surprise news, my sister Melody and her hubby got a call a few days ago.  They were not on the list for a new foster child placement, but, in a  hospital in the city was a newborn baby girl who had a dire need for a family and would they consider taking her.  Seems that is a no brainer.  So, guess who has a new baby in the family?  My new neice, whether she stays for a few weeks or forever.  She's darling and I'm so mad that everyone in my family has held her already but Mike and I!!  No fair.  My parents are already announcing that they have a new grandaughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment