Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The May panic attack

May always makes me panic.  Last month of school.  So many extra events(Athletic banquet, trips, field days etc).  Abby is in volleyball, Carter and Mike have big parts in the school musical Narnia.   I start spiraling into a frenzy of go here, write this check, make a teacher gift, complete all assignments.  Plus, my heart knows that one more year is over.  Do you realize my oldest son has 3 more years home with us??!!!!  He is finishing his freshman year.  I'm panicking.  You know good and well that he won't be hanging out with me much anymore.  Abby will begin 5th grade and Dillon will begin 2nd grade.  Poor Hud is stuck at home with me--much to his chagrine.  He wants to go to school too.

Then, there's my classes.  Some days I really wonder where my sanity was in deciding I could go to school full-time.  I'm going to share this with you so you guys will have some comic relief today:   my art assignment.
 Don't think I can't hear you laughing.  The assignment was to research about DaVinci and his development of linear perspective.  Then, we have to draw a picture that shows spatial awareness with something in the foreground and backgound.  There is also supposed to be a vanishing point--but I don't know what that means.  And yes, we have to post our picture to the class gallery!!  Now, I'm only taking this class because I'm forced to.  I'm not a crafty, creative type of girl.  My parents and sisters are, I'm not.  My dad and sister, Emily, even make their living in the art business.  Just wondering, do you think if would be wrong to submit one of Abby's drawings?  She's a great artist.  Kidding...kidding

 Yesterday at work I got to help code a 25yr old gravely ill man for 2 hours.  I loved every minute of it.  Paint or draw--hate it!!!!  Different strokes for different folks huh?

Oh well, guess what I'll be doing in 2 weeks?  Working at the All Saints AIDS camp in the Bahamas baby.  Mike and I take the seniors on their mission/senior trip.  I can hear the surf calling my name.  Oh yeah, and the serving will be awesome too :)

2 comments:

  1. Umm...that drawing is WAYYYY better than I could've done. Ethical or unethical I would have totally had my 8 year old do it :) (kidding too, I think).

    Excited for you to do the AIDS camp...that'll be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. A straight on perspective drawing. That's like end of the year final art 1 exam kinda thing! You choose a really hard drawing to do! Given your experience and all, I'd say you did pretty good. In nursing terms, a perspective drawing is similar to asking a student nurse who has never even given a shot to place an iv in a rolling vein of a child!

    ReplyDelete