Friday, May 13, 2011

Orphan ministry-shoes

Hudson and I took a road trip this morning to deliver 52 pair of shoes and 42 pair of socks that our church collected the past few weeks for Shoes For Orphan Souls, click HERE for info about the organization.  It was a really cool place.  They let kids come volunteer with adults.  I'm planning on taking a small group from our church to help sort shipments of shoes.  Anyone up for coming along?

This was our first endeavor in our launch of an orphan and at-risk children ministry at church.  Sllllooowww going, but yet, going all the same.  Our pastor is fired up and supportive--I'm thankful for that.  I'm pretty sure the people at church see me as the annoying adoption/orphancare fanatic.  That's okay, I'll take that label and run with it ;)  147-163 million orphaned children in the world deserve a few fanatics!

No comments:

Post a Comment