Thursday, March 3, 2011

Homework-Check!

I just finished my assignments for this week :))
Truly, it kicked my butt for the past 5 days.  I'm pretty sure I gained several pounds.  It is really hard to return to academia when you've been out for 15 years.  It is all online and I am creeping along at a snail's pace. Want to know my secret?  Nutella!  I'm addicted to it.  Chocolatey-hazelnut spread on graham crackers.  I've eaten about 2 full jars in the past 5 days--always with a little milk.  Straight to the thighs baby.  Oh yeah, I've also got the most supportive husband and friends. 

Tomorrow the ladies' conference begins.  I'll be stressing about my speech and praying for the Holy Spirit to speak through me.

Mike is gearing up for his South Africa trip the week after next.  He is also getting to have a 24 hour layover in Amsterdam.  They will go see Corrie Ten Boom's home(wrote The Hiding Place).  I'm so jealous.  That is one of my favorite books.  If we ever adopt another daughter, Corrie is one of our girl names.


We are seeking the Lord's wisdom to help us determine what to do with our tax refund.  I'd love to go with our friends to Panama on a medical missions trip, but alas, both of our vehicles are OLD!  I'm thinking it is time to buckle down and save a good bit.

1 comment:

  1. I have a real yearning for a medical mission, so if you get the urge to Go....please tell me. I would love nothing more than to have a friend to know beside me doing Gods work!!!

    ReplyDelete