Monday, February 28, 2011

Nice Knowing You

  I'm a wreck!  I started RN to BSN online college classes today and I'm totally trippin.  Really, I feel like the old lady in the college class who is freaked out and asking the professor 101 questions while everyone else is ready to go.  My classes are all condensed modules, online, and it is tough for me to figure out how to navigate them.  Last time I was in college, I registered by showing up to the gym, walking from class label to class, signing up on paper and so forth. 
I'm feeling so overwhelmed and if I hadn't told the world about my ambitions(let's face it--if I hadn't just bought a new lap-top!), I'd probably change my mind immediately.  It really is sickening to think of my 5yrs in college and coming out with only an associates degree.  Yes, I had a hard time deciding what I wanted to be when I grew up.

I keep thinking that this bridge program is only 13months.  I can do anything for 13months right?  Ohhhhh, but I'm sleepy and what about my kids?  What kind of mommy and wife will I be?  What about the orphan ministry I'm launching at our church?  I don't know about all this...

But, then there is this
That is me, trying to figure out what is wrong with a very malnourished and sick old lady in the jungle in Haiti.  I was begging God to give me the right meds for her.  I came home knowing that I needed to go to school;  to give myself the tools to be more useful. 

I'd be a fool to turn down a free education.  So, I may not be blogging much.  Nice knowing you all.  I love blogging and, hopefully, there will be time when I get the hang of this.

2 comments:

  1. Libby I stand in awe of you!!!!! I will be cheering you on even if you don't hear from me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it!!!!!!!! Just take a minute and breathe :) And remember, it was the non-traditional students in class that got the highest grades and ruined curves!

    ReplyDelete