Thursday, February 17, 2011

Ministry of Construction

Our school is building a new secondary building.  Since it is a private Christian school, we are using this time for blessing!  A contractor developed the program and showed our school's leadership how to run the ministry.  Great idea huh?   Use the 12months of construction interacting with and blessing the site workers.  Totally brilliant.  How many times do churches and schools build new buildings and completely ignore the  workers?  Sad huh?  My dear friend, Susie, heads up the ministry.  Once a month she hosts a luncheon at the site and people donate food.  Today was Taco Soup and cornbread--Yummmmy.  We give away Spanish and English Bibles and even have little door prizes like tape measures, caps,gloves.  We pray for the workers and hope to impact their lives for Christ.



And, in other news:  we got the results of Dillon's EEG today and they are normal!!  Praise God.  I did NOT want him to have a seizure disorder. I guess we will just watch him like a hawk when he is sick.

Oh, and PS to my sweet new Korean-adoption email friend whose name starts with "M"--did you get my email back a few days ago?  I sent it but that account acts strange.  It looks to me like my reply is still sitting there.  I didn't want to resend it and you think I'm a crazy stalker ;)

1 comment:

  1. I did get it!!!!! Thank you much:) My email sometimes dumps new address, so thanks for checking. I'll be asking questions!

    ReplyDelete